[gcompris-devel] melody activity

José JORGE jjorge at free.fr
Fri Jan 9 07:58:00 UTC 2004

Em Quarta, 07 de Janeiro de 2004 21:06, o Bruno Coudoin escreveu:
> Rami, your game starts to be fun. I got my kids on it and it's a go.

Hem, stop drinking for this year, I'm José ;-)

> To stop your board, look at the code from redray.py:
>
>   def pause(self, pause):
>
>     self.board_paused = pause
>
>     # When the bonus is displayed, it call us first with pause(1) and
> then with pause(0)
>     # the game is won
>     if(self.gamewon == 1 and pause == 0):
>       self.root_targetitem.show()
>       self.gamewon = 0
>
>     return
>
> Simply said, instead of starting the next level once completed, set a
> global self.gamewon to 1 and wait that pause(1) is called. At that
> point, run the next level.

I don't understand why this "pause" : doesn't the game works flawlessly now?
If so feel free the modify it!

> What about having different music instruments / objects at each level.
> It would be a good ear training AND memory.
>
> Anybody here could provide us 4 to 6 sounds of piano, guitar, drum, ...

Why not, but above all I think about providing a way to change sounds/images
in a theme way, independently of the level.
And I reask is there a way to put one choosen (not in gcompris default list)
mouse cursor?

José