[gcompris-devel] melody activity

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Jan 7 12:05:02 UTC 2004

Happy new year to all over there.

Rami, your game starts to be fun. I got my kids on it and it's a go.

To stop your board, look at the code from redray.py:

  def pause(self, pause):

    self.board_paused = pause

    # When the bonus is displayed, it call us first with pause(1) and
then with pause(0)
    # the game is won
    if(self.gamewon == 1 and pause == 0):
      self.root_targetitem.show()
      self.gamewon = 0

    return

Simply said, instead of starting the next level once completed, set a
global self.gamewon to 1 and wait that pause(1) is called. At that
point, run the next level.

What about having different music instruments / objects at each level.
It would be a good ear training AND memory.

Anybody here could provide us 4 to 6 sounds of piano, guitar, drum, ...

Bruno.