[gcompris-devel] Japanese falling letters

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Fri Feb 6 15:51:12 UTC 2004

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> I don't know for Japanese but gcompris uses UTF-8 as it's coding
> standard, including the falling words. For letters, it's different.
> Gcompris is hardcoded to use a-z letter set. You can change this in
> gletters.c. This will need to add code to make sure a-z is still the
> default.
>
> First, I suggest you to provide a japanese translation for gcompris. I
> don't think there is one already.
>
> Bruno.

I've looked at the code in gletters.  I'm a bit rusty in my C
programming, but it will make a good project...  It would have to be
generalized for arbitrary length alphabets and levels.

If someone will provide some guidance for UTF-8 encoding, we can take a
crack at the Japanese translation.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq