[gcompris-devel] Version Windows

bcoudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Apr 27 05:03:17 UTC 2004

Le mar 27/04/2004 à 12:31, Yan Seiner a écrit :
> bcoudoin wrote:

> >>An alternate solution might be to get with some group like K12LTSP
> >><http://www.k12ltsp.org> and have them package the latest version of
> >>gcompris with their release.  I might volunteer for that effort - but
> >>the earliest I'd have time will be this fall.  There were some problems
> >>running gcompris on k12ltsp that might still have to be ironed out.
> >>

> > Alternate to what ?
>
> To having to package everything yourself....  Or trying to stuff a lot
> of things on a CD...
>
> > Having gcompris works fine in LTSP/abuledu/skolelinux/debian
> > edu/mandrake/suse/debian/... is mandatory.
>
> LTSP had some problems with fonts not being rendered properly.
> Something to do with the client/server nature of LTSP rather than
> gcomrpis itself.  I never did figure it out.

Hum, I never heard about that. There is others using LTSP based
educational distro that I know do not have a font issue (abuledu and
skolelinux)

> I was thinking if gcompris was made part of the base release of LTSP,
> then you wouldn't have the overhead of packaging it for that release.
> And I was thinking I might be the maintainer for that distro - maybe...

I don't know what the base release is but as a redhat official user,
there is a LTSP package in their list of distro and gcompris is in.

>   If things work out for me.

What's your plan ?. If you want, talk with me privatly about that.