[gcompris-devel] Version Windows

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Tue Apr 27 03:32:02 UTC 2004

bcoudoin wrote:
> Le mar 27/04/2004 à 12:09, Yan Seiner a écrit :
>
>>bcoudoin wrote:
>>

>>>You are correct. Especially, gcompris + gtk runtime + sounds will make a
>>>pretty huge package.
>>>I should think twice for the CD.
>>
>>An alternate solution might be to get with some group like K12LTSP
>><http://www.k12ltsp.org> and have them package the latest version of
>>gcompris with their release.  I might volunteer for that effort - but
>>the earliest I'd have time will be this fall.  There were some problems
>>running gcompris on k12ltsp that might still have to be ironed out.
>>

> Alternate to what ?

To having to package everything yourself....  Or trying to stuff a lot
of things on a CD...

> Having gcompris works fine in LTSP/abuledu/skolelinux/debian
> edu/mandrake/suse/debian/... is mandatory.

LTSP had some problems with fonts not being rendered properly.
Something to do with the client/server nature of LTSP rather than
gcomrpis itself.  I never did figure it out.

I was thinking if gcompris was made part of the base release of LTSP,
then you wouldn't have the overhead of packaging it for that release.
And I was thinking I might be the maintainer for that distro - maybe...
  If things work out for me.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq