[gcompris-devel] Version Windows

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Tue Apr 27 05:00:19 UTC 2004

bcoudoin schrieb:
>>- The build environment might be a bonus of the CD.
>>

> Why not. Good idea.
>
> For now, the first version will not include python nor the python
> activities. It's enough work and content like this.

I promise to help porting python to windows. The only price would be a
free cross build environment license (aka send me a tarball once you are
ready and I have time left).

>>PS: IMHO 5€ would be really cheap (no real incentive to spread private
>>copies), 10€ would be perfect (e.g. as a present) and I would only pay
>>20€ if it includes the build environment or other extras [Like a good
>>book(let) describing to code python activities]. Perhaps a
>>classroom/school order at <=5€/pc would make good sense. Add to that
>>price if it contains printed documentation. Perhaps it makes even sense
>>to put the CD as an extra into a book. But that's simply my feeling of it.
>>

> I am in the same price range. Perhaps 15€. For a classroom price, I am
> not sure what to do there is no reason for a classroom to pay several
> time. It's not a single computer license. In the other hand, 15€ may be
> too 'cheap' for a classroom to justify a buy !!.
> I may create a classroom product for 50€ with nothing more than my best
> wishes (or let's say, a better support).

The classroom bundle would mean a collected order: The teacher asks how
many pupils do want a version for at home and buys that many copies at
once (this only makes sense for physical CDs). Perhaps one version is
free for the teacher/school. A lot of books are sold this way.

>>PPS: Perhaps it makes sense to restrict demo to one (or two) languages.
>>

> I don't agree. I don't see why some country would have an advantage
> here. It doesn't cost me more to provide the best locale I have.

This was just a proposal for an added value if you plan to include more
activities in the trial version.

   Christof