[gcompris-devel] Nitpicking on GCompris 4.0pre1

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.de
Sat Sep 27 01:28:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,

> > 3. Speaker icon "misuse"
> >  In the following cases a speaker icon is used where it does not make
> > sense. Some other icons should be drawn.
> >  - in the railroad board the speaker icon is used for showing the train
> > again - in the 3D Maze board it is used for switching between 2D and 3D -
> > in the sliding block puzzle game it is used for resetting the game
>
> On this, is anybody able to create a more generic "repeat" icon for us ?

Why not reuse the excellent work of others? Start with the repeat icon from
some other project, e.g. this one:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kdeartwork/IconThemes/kdeclassic/32x32/actions/reload.png?rev=1.1&content-type=image/png
and adjust it to your needs (i.e. add the blue bubble around it).

> > 4. Soundless mode
> >  - the speaker icon in the "Colors" board should be removed
> Well, it's the repeat. If you have the color voices, you may want to re
> ear it.

The button is helpful if you have sound configured, but if the sound is
disabled this button makes no sense. It doesnt do anything. So I ask you not
to remove the button completely but only if the sound is disabled.

Ciao!

Ronny