[gcompris-devel] Re: [Ofset-members] assetml released

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Wed Sep 17 13:44:16 UTC 2003

On 15 Sep 2003 02:56:51 +0200
Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

      I just released gcompris 4.0PRE1 that includes assetml as it was
      specified here:
      http://freeduc.linuxtag.uni-kl.de/cps/Public/devel/assetml/

      Now on the ofset download pages, I created assetml sections one global
      and one for each locale.

This is great, I look at some of the data archive. However, why did you
not include yet the libassetml package, is it still tied to Gcompris
source tree ?

      As for the C libraries, for now they are in gcompris download section
      and are named gcompris-libassetml but are not at all dependant to
      gcompris. One C developper could use gcompris-libassetml-devel to query
      and use asseml resources without having to install gcompris.

Ok I understand now. I would like to suggest you to rename
gcompris-libassetml to libassetml otherwise people may think assetml
required GCompris :-)

      Under development by StasZ from childsplay is a tool to help create an
      assetml file directly from a directory structure including images and
      sounds. This tool will be abble to create deb and rpm files directly.

This looks nice.

      I hope this little step will help us create faster better software
      for kids all over the world.

What should we do to let other project use and accept it widely?

Hilaire

--
Let's support Kids, Education and Free Software
Aidons les Enfants, l'Éducation et les Logiciels Libres