[gcompris-devel] Re: gcompris-devel digest, Vol 1 #360 - 4 msgs

jjorge at free.fr jjorge at free.fr
Tue Sep 16 12:09:02 UTC 2003

> > - when the music is playing, the sounds can't be played (ALSA device isn't
>
> > free) even with ARTSD and "soundwrapper gcompris".
> >
> I don't have this problem. Could it depend on the soundcard or driver
> used?

I don't think so, maybe something to do with libao : on cooker we have no arts
output for now because it freezed gcompris, maybe you've got an arts output working?

> > - when I ask for no music just at the startup, the music starts anyway,
> until
> > I restart gcompris. And if I ask then for music, nothing happens...until
> next
> > restart.
> >
> Correct, it's not dynamic. It's like a screen size change and partially
> true for the locale.

Maybe a text should tell it when we click OK?

> > - the vorbis comments appear ugly : on the board you are playing, hiding
> it!
> >
> Yep, It was just a fast dirty try. I shoud change that.

what about scrolling it on top or bottom of board? or better, add button "about"
at the bottom which displays this kind of info, along with info about photos, etc.

> > - the vorbis comment freezed the drag mouse board when starting music
> >
> How bad the freeze was? X level or gcompris. were you abble to use the
> esc key.

It was gcompris board level, hitting Esc quits the board. Look like this old
good damn ?!/* refresh canvas bug

José