[gcompris-devel] Success - Gcompris LTSP RedHat 9.0

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Oct 25 08:27:08 UTC 2003

Thanks for the information and it sure will help others but the process
could be easier is you take the time to build an rpm.

Just sh configure and look at what complains, install devel packages for
libao, libogg, libvorbis, pygtk, gnome-python and any other missing
packages.
then try a 'make' to see if you can compile gcompris.

Then 'make dist' to create a dist package (gcompris-4.0.tar.gz). As
root, copy it in /usr/src/RPM/SOURCES.
As root in the gcompris directory, run
rpmbuid -bb gcompris.spec

At the end, a list of generated packages are written. We need the main
gcompris one.

Send me a mail when done, we will find a time to upload it on
sourceforge and I will add it to gcompris files list.

This is not specific to RedHat. Other rpm distrib should follow this
process.

I hope we can provide soon an rpm that work for the main distrib in the
gcompris 4.0 series.

Bruno.