[gcompris-devel] tip: printing the drawings in gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Oct 26 16:12:10 UTC 2003

Due to the sucess of the drawing activity in bruno's home, I had to find
a tip to print gcompris drawing easily.

I created a sh file with this into:
xwd -name "GCompris J'ai Compris" -nobdrs -silent | convert -crop
664x428+122+20 - /tmp/gcompris_draw_screenshot.png
lpr /tmp/gcompris_draw_screenshot.png

Then added a button in my window manager toolbar to it.
You have to replace 'J'ai Compris' by whatever you window name is. To
get the window name, use xwininfo
This tip works only when gcompris is in window mode.

You can also replace lpr by gimp so that you can complete the drawing
like adding texture to water or adding a ligth effect to the sun and so
on.