[gcompris-devel] Release gcompris4.0PRE3

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 14 04:32:02 UTC 2003

Yes, I am testing on Mandrake 9.1. I also tested it on Mandrake 9.2.
I found that the problem with the sound comes from libao that fails and
makes gcompris crash.
It is possible to configure /etc/libao.conf and put in
default_driver=esd
then gcompris works on mandrake 9.2. This may also save people on other
distrib/config.
Last, I make a change in the CVS so that gcompris request libao with esd
and nothing else. I checked and it now makes gcompris works 'out of the
box' on Mandrake 9.2. I hope there is no side effect. we will test this
in PRE4.

Other thinks, I don't use ssl and crypto directly in gcompris. This
dependencies comes from the gnome libraries I suppose.

I am confident this latest sound change makes gcompris ready for 4.0
final. And you ?

Bruno.