[gcompris-devel] gcompris-devel digest

Rami Aubourg rami.aubourg at ifrance.com
Tue Oct 14 02:43:02 UTC 2003

Jim Rich wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> I have the following environment:
> RedHat 9.0
> LTSP 3.1.1
> synaptic update all on Wednesday Sep 24 2003
>
> [root at server gcompris]# rpm -Uvh assetml*.rpm
> assetml all installed
>
> [root at server gcompris]# rpm -Uvh gcompris-libassetml-1.0-1.i586.rpm
> Installed
>
> [root at server gcompris]# rpm -Uvh gcompris-4.0PRE1-1.i586.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         gnome-python is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         gnome-python-canvas is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         pygtk2.0 is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         gcompris-assetml-flags is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
>         libssl.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-4.0PRE1-1
> [root at server gcompris]#

Hi,

gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas can be found on rpmfind.net
gcompris-assetml-flags can be found on the assetml download page

For gnome-python and gnome-canvas, I guess it could be in the "all of Gnome"
packages or the Python packages. Pygtk2.0 could be the same. I didn't have these
problems.

For libcrypto, I have been able to find only Conectiva Linux packages on rpmfind.
Check in /usr/lib what version of libcrypto and libssl you have. On a SuSE 8.2,
these two are the only dependencies I haven't been able to resolve yet, as it
has 0.9.6 versions only.
Haven't tested gcompris 4.0 on my Mandrake 9.1 at home yet. I guess it would
work better, as I think Mandrake is the development platform used by Bruno, no?
I haven't tried a soft link /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 -> /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6
either.

Rami
--
Lost Knowledge Sets Back Civilization