[gcompris-devel] SuSE 8.1

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 08:58:10 UTC 2003

I have been told of the same very issue trying to install the rpm on a
Mandrake 9.

I searched but can't understand why some boards needs glibc2.3.
On my redhat 8.0 system, doing a strings on the library gives :
strings  /lib/i686/libc.so.6  | grep -i GLIB
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.1.3
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.1
GLIBC_2.2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.4
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_PRIVATE
        Glibc-2.0 compatibility add-on by Cristian Gafton
Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <bugs at gnu.org>.

So WHY is GLIBC_2.3 in it. Looking at what glibc I have:
rpm -qa | grep -i glibc
glibc-common-2.2.93-5
glibc-2.2.93-5
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.20