[gcompris-devel] Testing CVS-Version

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.de
Fri Dec 26 03:19:03 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Now that all the jingle belling is over I found some free time today and gave
the cvs version of gcompris another try. The following things came up:

1. The 3D-Labyrinth does not work because of a missing icon.

The following error message appears:
** ERROR **: Couldn't find file
/usr/local/share/gcompris/boards/images/gcompris-2d-bubble.png !
aborting...
Aborted

I checked the source code and could not find the file. I could also not find
it in the online cvs under
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gcompris/boards/images/

2. Some boards do not have "negative feedback"

The boards enumerate and target do not provide any feedback if the kid
provided the wrong solution.

3. Modality problems

The positive feedback flower in the boards readingv and readingh does not
pause the board itself. The board paints its buttons over the flower and can
be used even while the flower is presented.

4. Pause after solution selection leads to problems

In some boards there is a short pause between selecting the solution and
presenting the feedback. In this pause several things can be done, like
selecting another solution or opening the help. If the help is opened in this
situation it is not modal any more and we have the same problems like
reported some weeks ago. The affected boards are: missing_letter, colors,
read_colors, advanced_colors and leftright.

5. Wrong number of levels

In the board chess_partyend one can select levels from 1 to 9 but it appears
there are only 3 "real" levels. The same is with the board chess_movelearn
but there appear to be 5 levels.

6. Empty handbooks

The handbook entries in the chess boards help are all empty.

7. Wrong message

In the Labyrinth board there is now a message at the bottom of the screen that
is only meant for the 3D variant of the labyrinth.

8. Manual update necessary

In the click_on_letter board manual it reads "...by clicking on the speaker
icon..." but now we have a nice mouth icon :-)!

Greetings & all the happy new year stuff!

Ronny