[gcompris-devel] First windows port trial

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Dec 14 15:35:01 UTC 2003

I tried to compile gcompris on windows using cygwin.
I faced several issue. Here is what I did:
- fist compiled and installed libassetml
- compiled gcompris without gnuchess and python
- popt params parsing crashes at startup. I removed popt parsing.
  I have the same issue with assetml-query.
- no pthread. I emptied the body of all func in soundutils.
- strange images location. I had to move some files around, i don't know
  why.
- can't load the plugins. The plugins are compiled and installed but i
  am not sure everything is correct to make them loadable plugins.
  Did not find a solution yet

Finally, I remove the call to the plugin menu and saw gcompris on
Windows (well just the control bar). But it's a good start.

I am not yet familiar with all the different options. I see that the
mingw path is popular but I can't see where to get all the libraries
GTK, gnomecanvas, ...
Bruno.p did you made some progress? What do you suggest me, what the
best to do now. What's the best source of information, what I saw on the
web is very poor.