[gcompris-devel] RE: cannot make gcompris 4.2...

Jim Rich azrich at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 12:59:01 UTC 2003

Message: 1
From: stephane parenton <stephane at parenton.com>
To: gcompris <gcompris-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:38:27 +0100
Subject: [gcompris-devel] cannot make gcompris 4.2...

Hi everyone,=20

i'm trying to make gcompris running on my redhat 9.0, with gnome and
ximian desktop 2 installed... so far i've failed... the rpms keep
telling me that i don't have the right dependencies with :
	gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas is needed by gcompris-4.2-1
        gnome-python is needed by gcompris-4.2-1
stephane,

I have tried many times to install Gcompris on LTSP RedHat 9 and
have succeeded once.  I use Gcompris is "the" program for pre-K
to 3rd grade.  I found it easier to install Mandrake 9.2 OS,  LTSP
and then install Gcompris.  It took less than 5 hours to get Gcompris
up and running this way.

Jim Rich