[gcompris-devel] Bug-List

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Aug 25 09:27:16 UTC 2003

Le lun 25/08/2003 à 09:00, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
> Hi together,
>
> > > OK, this is fixed but there is now another bug. You can jump over the
> > > fish. There is no way back then and you definately lose.
> >
> > True, It's in my TODO list
>
> OK, I will sit and wait :-)

It's done. Beside what you found, there was other issues on this board:
* src/boards/reversecount.c: fixed several bugs: can no more jump over
the fish
* can no more face impossible case (too close or too far)
* now tux moves ice by ice to let the kid count in his head.

I had to allow dice with NO point (zero) to be sure it's always
possible. I am afraid I'll be shoot with no warning by the next teacher
I met ;)

Please test it extensively.

> > What happens if you run in windows mode and overlapp a window above
> > gcompris. Does it refresh well after ?
>
> It does refresh if I dont do one of the two things I described. If I open a
> boards help while a sound is playing (e.g. the intro sound) the bottom main
> menu is just gone and will never come back, regardless if gcompris is run
> fullscreen or windowed or if I move another window over it etc.

Well I can't reproduce it. On my side, I currently run on the CVS
version of the gnomecanvas. that's maybe the difference.
It would be nice if you could test it (libgnomecanvas in the gnome cvs).
I told it works better but it's not perfect. I am sometimes in a case
where the display area is completly grey and it doesn't refresh well
after. May be the same problem than your or close.

> Another thing: I think I made a stupid mistake by asking for writing the color
> name in the "Colors" board. I noticed that there is another board "Read
> colors" which does excactly that. The idea of the "Colors" board is to listen
> and of the "Read colors" board it is to read. Both ideas should stay
> separated. So I think we should live with the fact that the board "Colors" is
> not playable in a soundless environment. So now I vote for removing the
> string from the "Colors" board, sorry.

Arg, too late ;)

I suggest a third way. If we don't have to color voice, or the sounds is
disabled, then we display the text message. This way, it's always
playable to its best.

Bruno.

> Greetings & Thanks
>
> Ronny
>
> PS: Where do I send the updated de.po file? To the list or to Bruno directly?

You can sent it to me directly. Both works.