[gcompris-devel] Maze plugin enhancements (and cleanup)

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Oct 14 07:27:02 UTC 2002

Le lun 14/10/2002 à 15:13, Christof Petig a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > As for you question on how/when to set turbo mode on/off, I suggest to
> > stick to off for level 1 to 3 and after 4 we activate the turbo.
> > Small kids would be in trouble playing the first level trying to
> > understand the key mouvement and where tux goes. After 4, there is so
> > much space and move to do that it make more sense to have turbo.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> That's a good idea, but I initially thought about an additional button
> to switch it on and off. Tonight I got the idea to simply put the button
>   somewhere inside the game canvas but there's not too much space left
> in level 3.
>
> Is it possible for a game to put additional buttons into the bottom toolbar?

It is possible to use the configure button. When you start your board
you can call bar_set(...) to ask for this button to appear.
Then when clicked, you have a specific entry to add in your board.
Sory not to be more detailed but I don't have the code here (look at
menu.c that uses it).

We try to avoid this because it makes thinks more complex, users are
either kids or teachers and they like simple thinks.
To me, doing turbo at level 3 is easier to implement and to use for the
end user.

Bruno.