[gcompris-devel] Updated Lithuanian translation and again some bugs :(

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Mar 13 11:08:03 UTC 2002

Your po file has been checked in.

le mer 13-03-2002 à 13:37, Mantas K. a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm sending updated Lithuanian translation and information about serious bugs:
>
> 1. Gcompris is very unstable on debian 3.0 (woody). Debian package of
> gcompris is 1.0 pre3(see http://packages.debian.org/gcompris). I tested only
> compiled CVS version, maybe pre3 debs are more stable. (I will test it
> today). Pre4 has many changes and maybe better is to ask Yann Dirson
> (maintainter of debian package) to update debian packages to latest version
> of gcompris ?

He is actually on it ;)

> 2. In  planegame board there are difficulties with flying to clouds -  the
> helicopter flyes very very slowly and when reaching to the right number from
> the order the next number is collected but not the needed one (ex. the
> helicopter was aprouching to 4, but number 5 disappeared)

Strange, I have never see that.
I will change this board anyway to have only the first level 1-10 and
speed up the helicopter.

> 3.In a hand board there problems with localization - on the bottons 'left'
> and 'right' accented characters are dissplayed incorectly.

We have to check that.
Do we need to use special new fonts that are translated in the po files.
Yes, that's it, Pascal, you have
grep -in adob *.c
colors.c:213:  gdk_font = gdk_font_load
("-adobe-times-medium-r-normal--*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*");
leftright.c:238:  gdk_font = gdk_font_load
("-adobe-times-medium-r-normal--*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*");

These should be replaced by somthing like:
gdk_font = gdk_font_load (FONT_BOARD_BIG);

> 4. Also localization problems in imageid and missing letter boards. I guess
> in 'missing letter' accented characters are treated as spacers (ex. are
> problems with this tranlation
> msgid "satchel s_tchel a o i"
> msgstr "krepšys k_epšys r i l" )

Pascal, if I remember, in this board you treat space a separator.
Perhaps it should be changed to usea special char like ;

> I have one suggestion: it would be good when the mouse is on buttons (exit,
> ok, help) and drawing tools the explanation message would appear (like on
> menu icons)

Good suggestion. It is a problem of time. My wife is busy worling to
prapare an exam to be an english teacher. I can have her to work on this
by now.

On your side, where are the lituanian words ;)