[gcompris-devel] Length of activity

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Jun 30 11:41:06 UTC 2002

Hi,

My daughter, who is four, commented on a particular gcompris screen
(uncovering the animal pictures square by square):

daughter> I wish it wouldn't keep on quitting.
      me> What do you mean, honey?
daughter> The train keeps coming every single minute.

I take this as an indication that she thinks that the activity is over too
soon.  Sometimes she would like to just stay in one screen and keep playing
until she's tired of it and wants to move on to something else.  I'm not
sure what kind of control would be best to allow the child to keep playing
without exiting at the end, but if something like that were added, I'm
pretty sure my daughter would get more enjoyment out of gcompris.

Thanks,
Ben
    nSLUG       http://www.nslug.ns.ca      synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
    Debian      http://www.debian.org       synrg at debian.org