[gcompris-devel] Re: Gcompris internationalization

Håvard Bjåstad Havard.Bjastad at online.no
Fri Jun 7 02:48:02 UTC 2002

bruno wrote:

>Le lun 13/05/2002 à 21:06, Håvard Bjåstad a écrit :
>

>>OK, so using Swedish locale (iso code is se, not sw, I believe) in
>>GCompris requires Swedish locale in the distribution. Well, that
>>explains it -- I don't have Swedish installed. And when I try your
>>suggestion, the console output does indeed say "got (null)".
>>
>Finally, I double checked and It seems that sweden is .sv

You're right, it's the country code that is se.

>>So I'll create a Norwegian translation (yes, iso code is no). The
>>documentation states that when creating a new translation, one should
>>start with a file called gcompris.pot, however I can't find it in CVS...
>>Does it exist? Where is it located?
>>

>Correct, the documentation is not explicit on that point. I just updated
>it. You have to do:
>cd po
>make update-po
>cp gcompris.pot no.po
>
>Translate no.po
>
>make at upper gcompris level
>make install (to check your translation)

When I try to get the files from CVS I run into a problem with a file
called ':-png':

update -d -P
U boards/algebra_guesscount/:.png
Command Aborted.

Is there a (good) reason for naming a file with what is normally
considered an illegal character (':') ?

HB.