Mouse usability Re: [gcompris-devel] Re: GCompris

pascal.georges1 at free.fr pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 10:31:04 UTC 2001

En réponse à Bruno Coudoin <bcoudoin at anfora.fr>:

> mouse.

Usually buttons are the biggest problem for children. Over all they can not drag
and drop. So I propose that boards like shapegame be modified in that way :
- first click -> select piece
- mouse move -> move the piece
- second click -> drop piece
- click in the left pane or in useless places -> unselect piece.

You can not use drag and drop for children less than 6 I think.

I also think that a star rank should be associated with every board : 1 star for
3-4, 2 stars for 5-7 and 3 for 8-9 for example. Those stars could displayed aside
the board icons.