Mouse usability Re: [gcompris-devel] Re: GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Mon Oct 29 11:38:02 UTC 2001

I understand your point but originally, I wanted child to learn the
correct drag and drop gesture. Originally, gcompris was about learning
how to use a computer.
I also noticed that many proprietary clone of gcompris ;) does not
follow the D&D rule.
I suggest to follow your suggestion on the shapegame code but we should
keep both way. Depending on the board target using shapegame code (like
the scale), we could choose to respect the D&D way.

For the stars, this is smart. Also the child will probably like to play
3 stars at 4 years old ;)
What is we set the 'staring' in the xml board description itself and
then extend the menu board to display the stars.
This way it should be more flexible to maintain (less icon, less
redesign).

Pascal, do you want to work on that ?

On my side, I still have to finish the smiley API to be time
independent. I found that I will implemented it like I did for the board
help. In fact, on the board side it is the same.

Bruno.