[gcompris-devel] Some more feedback...

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Fri Oct 26 11:04:17 UTC 2001

le mer 24-10-2001 à 23:26, Herman Bruyninckx a écrit :
> - in the Baby Shape Puzzle, the moving pieces disappear behind the
>   templates, while I think it's more logical that they move _in front_
>   of the templates.
>   (Same remark for the shapegame.c)
I agree 100% but It is not technically possible. I try all canvas
possibilities to do this without success.
What happens is that there is 2 gnome canvas group. and dragging is set
automatically to be under the target group. Don't know how tyo change
that.
I think I should open a bug in gnome for that. Or somebody has an idea.

> - I looked for the relevant code in shapegame.c, but didn't really
>   find it...
>   What I did find where lines such as:
>     for(x1=x+26; x1<(x+26)+55*10; x1+=55)
>   which are, I guess, utterly prone to generating misunderstandings
>   when adapting or extending the code. Isn't it possible to replace
>   the `magic numbers' (in many files...) by #defined constants with an
>   appropriate name?

Correct. I do my best usually to define constant. These one are rather
localized and I though I could left them here. Bad bet, you found them
;)
I will  have a look to see if how I can do better.

> - In the draw.c text, there are some small typos: `abble' instead of
>   `able'; a period forgotten at the end of the first sentence; ``baseD
>   on basic shapes''; delete the last `on' in the last sentence.

OK.

> - in the Horizontal reading practice: ``"Read a list of wordS...''
OK.

> - I got some crashes (floating point exception) in the fish game, but
>   I have not been able to sort out what the problem is. The crashes
>   are not repeatable...

OK, I will stress it on my side.