[gcompris-devel] Thoughts about sound

pgeorges pascal.georges at chello.fr
Thu Oct 25 12:37:07 UTC 2001

1. I don't here any sound with gcompris : is this normal ?

2. Software for children needs to ask them to conform to certain orders,
like "spell this word". As gcompris needs to be I18N, I don't think it
would be feasible to translate such sounds to every language (lot of
work and would bring to a very heavy soft). So, does anybody know such
speach synthesis like festival ? I never used it but it may be really
useful, if it can work for several languages (accent).