[FreeNX-kNX] Can't reconnect to session after CentOS 5.6->5.7 upgrade

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Oct 14 11:08:59 UTC 2011

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 14/10/2011 10:31:55:

> Hi,
>
>   I've just upgraded my server from CentOS 5.6 to 5.7 with yum
> update, which replaced lots of packages, but I believe, the freenx
> package was not touched.

FreeNX and the NX libraries were updated in centos/extra in May,
but not as part of the base update to 5.7

>  After the upgrade I rebooted the server.
> Since then, though I can start a new nx session, I can't reconnect
> to it if I suspend it.  The client (OpenNX on OSX Lion) simply

So, sounds like a server issue (but don't bet on it just yet)

> segfaults, when trying to reconnect.  If I restart the freenx
> server, or kill my all nxagent process, I can start a new session again.

Try reconnectiong with a different client conbination . . .
        e.g. nxclient or from linux/windows
else
try connecting locally, on the server
         i.e. server to 127.0.0.1 with the linux nxclient.

>   The freenx version installed is the default
freenx-0.7.3-7.el5.centos.rpm.

>   See below the server log during a reconnection trial.
>
>   Anyone has the idea what has happened and how to cure it?
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Tamás
[SNIP]

> > NX> 148 Server capacity: not reached for user: pusztai
> > NX> 105 quit
> > Quit
> > NX> 999 Bye
> > Info: Closing connection to slave with pid 25007.

Hmmm, not much to go on here.

You could just re-install the NX rpms from extra,
(or fsck)
but
it's good to try to find out what's going wrong
        (or at least where) first . . . .