[FreeNX-kNX] Can't reconnect to session after CentOS 5.6->5.7 upgrade

Tamás Pusztai pusztai-nx at szfki.hu
Fri Oct 14 09:31:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

  I've just upgraded my server from CentOS 5.6 to 5.7 with yum update, which replaced lots of packages, but I believe, the freenx package was not touched.  After the upgrade I rebooted the server.  Since then, though I can start a new nx session, I can't reconnect to it if I suspend it.  The client (OpenNX on OSX Lion) simply segfaults, when trying to reconnect.  If I restart the freenx server, or kill my all nxagent process, I can start a new session again.

  The freenx version installed is the default freenx-0.7.3-7.el5.centos.rpm.

  See below the server log during a reconnection trial.

  Anyone has the idea what has happened and how to cure it?

  Thanks,

  Tamás