[FreeNX-kNX] Can't reconnect to session after CentOS 5.6->5.7 upgrade

Tamás Pusztai pusztai-nx at szfki.hu
Sat Oct 15 08:49:32 UTC 2011

Chris,

   Thanks for trying to help.

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:08 , chris at ccburton.com wrote:

> Try reconnectiong with a different client conbination . . .
>        e.g. nxclient or from linux/windows
> else
> try connecting locally, on the server
>         i.e. server to 127.0.0.1 with the linux nxclient.

 I've tried.  I fired up a vnc server and started a vnc session on the server.  From the vnc session, I started a new nx session to localhost with qtnx.  That worked well, I could reconnect it with qtnx as many times as I wanted.  However, when I tried the reconnection from my Mac, it failed (dialog box appeared with "OpenNX quit unexpectedly").

 If I start and suspend a new session from my Mac, I can resume it locally with qtnx, but not with OpenNX from my Mac.

 So, it seems a client issue, but then I don't understand why it worked before and not after the system update?

 I tried to update my client from OpenNX 0.16.0.648 to the latest 649, but it didn't solve my problem.  Rather, it made a complete mess with mixing all keys on my keyboard, so I went back to the original version.  Unfortunatley, NoMachine's NX client doesn't work with Lion (this is why I switched to OpenNX, and I've had no problem with it up to now). I have no Windows machine around now, so I can't try OpenNX on Windows.

> You could just re-install the NX rpms from extra,
> (or fsck)
> but
> it's good to try to find out what's going wrong
>        (or at least where) first . . . .

 Re-installing didn't help.

 Tamás