[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem running KDE applications in rootless sessions on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Mar 2 17:59:59 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

you wrote:

>>/  That I knew... but still, rootless NX worked with KDE3 applications in
/>/>  Debian Lenny (using the freenx packages for ubuntu intrepid on the
/server).
>/>  It seems to be broken in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, which uses KDE4 (and a newer
/>/>  set of freenx packages).
/
>Maybe. Have you managed to get konquerer running without screen,
>or even without going via xterm ???

That is what I originally did, but since a crashed NX session doesn't
provide any details as to what happened, I decided to use the mirrored
screen trick to document what happens in the background.

IOW, it always crashes unless you run a full KDE desktop via NX, screen
only shows you what's going on when it crashes.

Kind Regards,
Stefan