[FreeNX-kNX] Re: FreeNX on OpenSUSE-11.3

GreenJelly at web.de GreenJelly at web.de
Wed Jan 12 08:15:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have checked for via rpm -V FreeNX and rpm -V NX, if there is something
different in my installation, but I can't find any differences (except my changes
in node.conf for more logging).

> When I try to open a RDP session, I get an error, telling me:
> in row 6 /usr/bin/nxdesktop /usr/lib/NX/nxdesktop can't be found (I get
> something very similar for VNC). And indeed, there is no nxdesktop under
> /usr/lib/NX ... is there something that I have to install on top?

... sure, I installed rdesktop.

When I look into the nxagent script (nxdesktop is just a symlink to nxagent),
it tries to open a further script:

NXCOMMAND=$(basename $0)
exec /usr/lib/NX/$NXCOMMAND ${1+"$@"}

.. it tries to open this script /usr/lib/NX/nxdesktop