[FreeNX-kNX] Re: freenx server + NoMachine client - black window after disk clone

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Sep 28 12:39:04 UTC 2010

Brian Keen <brian_mk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote on 28/09/2010 07:56:14:

> Some more clues...
>
> 1) We tried re-cloning the hard disk from the original PC just to be
> sure that the first clone attempt was not corrupt in some way.
> This fails in the same way.

Did you fsck after cloning ??

You could try creating a new user on the clone and seeing if that
account has the same problem.

> 2) If I configure the NoMachine client to use XDM instead of KDE,
> then I get a console window inside an X window.
> From the console window, I can successfully start KDE by executing
'startkde'.
> (We should be able to use this as a temporary workaround until a fixis
found).

I can't quite see why the agent would be segfaulting.

You say you re-installed the
                 NX libraries (which supply nxagent)
on the server ??

If you log into the server locally, start a terminal session and run
         nxagent :2001
then in another terminal
        su -l to-a-different-user-account
and run
        export DISPLAY=:2001
        startkde
you will get a minimalist nxagent session (with lots of kde
status in the another teminal session)

See if the agent falls over.