[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Strange problem with text colors

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:41:36 UTC 2010

2010/10/29 Tamás Pusztai <pusztai-nx at szfki.hu>:

> On Oct 28, 2010, at 9:02 PM, Robert Weis wrote:

>> this happens to me too.
>> Unfortunately also without a solution.
>>
>> Same thing happens to LXTerminal.
>> suspend and reconnect makes the text colors visible again.
>> But it is also temporarily 'repaired' by changing the text color
>> in the profile-settings in gnome-terminal. (only a 'small' change works too )
>>
>> You can force this effect by running a silly command like:
>>   find / -type d -exec ls -al "{}" ";"
>> Which simply means: putting out a lot of text.
>> Then it happens after some seconds.

>  I have this problem, too.
>
>  I'm currently running CentOS 5.5 with freenx-0.7.3-6.el5.centos.rpm on the server side (I guess, Amir has this same version, but Robert seem to have an entirely different system).
>
>  My system worked perfectly since last December until around the end of this summer.  The first time I experienced this problem, I tracked back my system update history to find out what had been changed, and I found that the freenx package had just been upgraded.  So I have the impression that this problem is related to the upgrade to freenx-0.7.3-6.el5.
>
>  Since the problem doesn't occur very frequently, I was not desperate enough to try downgrading the freenx package back to an earlier version to check whether the problem disappears or not.  But since others seem to have this same problem, I thought it might be useful to share this impression of mine.
>
>  Tamás

I cannot reproduce the problem on 3 systems I have tried so far.  For
testing, I ran the command suggested by Robert:

 find / -type d -exec ls -al "{}" ";"

I'm running the CentOS version on all servers:

freenx-0.7.3-6.el5.centos.x86_64
nx-3.4.0-6.el5.centos.x86_64

My client is running the latest from Nomachine:

nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64

Tamás, when you eventually had a chance to go back to an earlier
version of nx/freenx from CentOS and find that the problem is indeed
related to the latest version, could you please file a report at
http://bugs.centos.org ?

You can find what has changed in the CentOS version of nx/freenx in
this summary report:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4410

Akemi (toracat)