[FreeNX-kNX] Start New Session Only With Shared Login

Sidney Perry wsp4th at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:01:18 UTC 2010

I have been working with a project for an Internet terminal server based on
FreeNX for a group of Home Based private schools. Each school has anywhere
from 100 to 2000 students. I have been building an Amazon EC2 cloud of these
NX servers to dynamically grow and shrink in size based on load and whatnot.
For a couple of applications I want shared logins for example ApplicationA
the user connects to the website
http://[myapp].[mydomain].com/nx/?u=[schoolid]&t=[appname] a php script then
generates the NX client config file dynamically for the Web Companion. My
issue is that I want the session to start a new session without prompting to
connect to a shared session. On the same note some of the users are not
getting prompted for attaching to a shared session and are getting
explicitly denied to attach to a shared session instead of starting a new
one. Does anyone know how to configure the client to just start a new
session instead of trying to attach to a shared session?