[FreeNX-kNX] Copy and Paste >256kByte not working

Markus Bachlechner markus.bachlechner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:05:36 UTC 2010

I face the problem, that copy&paste from the NX Client to the Client OS is
not working properly if the clipboard content exceeds 256kByte. Below that
size everything works well, above 256k just a single random characters is
pasted. The other way around (Client OS => NX) works fine, even if the
content of the clipboard is above 256kByte.

I have tried different versions of the Win Client (3.2, 3.4). I have seen
the same behavior with the Linux Client (3.4) too.
The Problem can be easily recreate by copy&paste a sufficient large content
of a text file.

There is a note, that a "limit copy&paste amount of data" feature was
implemented in to the NoMachine's commercial product (
http://www.nomachine.com/fr/view.php?id=FR12E01959), which is not quite
helpful because this feature is not implemented in freenx yet.

I'd be glad if you come up with an idea or solution how to extend or remove
this limitation.

Markus