[FreeNX-kNX] problems w/ freenx 0.7.3 w/ latest nomachine sources on RHEL5...

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Sat Jan 31 09:09:57 UTC 2009

Mario Becroft skrev:
> Matt Nicholson <sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com> writes:
>
>> Mario, what port would that be? I assume we're talking a unix socket, not a tcp
>> port?
>
> I had in mind the error "Cannot establish any listening sockets" which
> seems to imply that it was trying to listen. Presumably a TCP socket on
> the X11 display port 6000 + screen number. Mind you, I think by default
> freenx disables tcp connections to the nxagent, so maybe not.
>
> I don't actually know what is wrong, sorry, just suggesting a possible
> avenue for diagnosis.

A wild shot in the dark...I don't really know if this (info below) is of
any help or will just cause further confusion :-)

I ran into a problem with NX and VirtualBOX, a clash/fight over
available ports. I solved it by editing the /etc/nxserver/node.conf like
this:

# The base display number from which sessions are started.
#DISPLAY_BASE=1000
DISPLAY_BASE=1100

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards