[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 17:18:22 UTC 2009

Mario Becroft wrote:
> Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>> I'am new to freenx, could you please be more specific please.
>> The nx account is that the Server and how and where should this key
>> should be.
>>

> This is not really a freenx matter, just ssh.
>
> The nx client uses ssh to login to the nx account of the server to which
> you are connecting. It relies on using public key authentication for
> this.
>
> So clearly you have to have public key authentication workign on the nx
> account.
>
> When you run the nxclient, you can specify the key to use among the
> configuration options. (By default the key in /usr/NX/share/keys is
> used.) Usually the nx account's home directory is in
> /var/lib/nxserver/home, so you should check there for the .ssh directory
> with the authorized keys.

It was a Selinux problem, I put Selinux in permissive mode on Server and
I got anther error message which is in another email I just sent.
If freeNX is built on Nomachine NX, Why is it having all these problems ?
Nomachine NX runs fine in FC10 and no problems with Selinux.
I need freenx to get me past the problem Nomachine NX has, of a limit of
Two users per Server.