[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Sun Feb 1 17:00:45 UTC 2009

Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I'am new to freenx, could you please be more specific please.
> The nx account is that the Server and how and where should this key
> should be.

This is not really a freenx matter, just ssh.

The nx client uses ssh to login to the nx account of the server to which
you are connecting. It relies on using public key authentication for
this.

So clearly you have to have public key authentication workign on the nx
account.

When you run the nxclient, you can specify the key to use among the
configuration options. (By default the key in /usr/NX/share/keys is
used.) Usually the nx account's home directory is in
/var/lib/nxserver/home, so you should check there for the .ssh directory
with the authorized keys.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>