[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX user's don't show as logged in

Matt.Nichols at tdcj.state.tx.us Matt.Nichols at tdcj.state.tx.us
Wed Dec 16 14:48:12 UTC 2009

I've got FreeNX running under SLES (Suse Linux Enterprise Server) 10 SP2:

NX-3.2.0-47.1
FreeNX-0.7.3-4.1
rdesktop-1.6.0-41.1

I'm curious why when I have any number of users logged in they don't show
up as being logged into the NXServer with utilities like 'who' or 'w'
unless they've got a shell/xterm open. Is there a way make them show up as
a logged in user even though they're only using gnome? Or if this
intentional can someone explain the reasoning behind it?

Thanks,

-Matt