[FreeNX-kNX] freenx fails to launch KDE4 but gnome works OK - mandriva 2010 x86_64

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Dec 22 16:46:21 UTC 2009

alei69 <alei69 at free.fr> wrote on 22/12/2009 16:20:32:

> >Try
> >       echo $LD_PRELOAD
> =>
> "/usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2:/usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4:/usr/lib/libXcomp.
> so:/usr/lib/libXcompext.so:/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1.2:"
> Seems not pointing to a 64lib?

> in my "/usr/lib", I can find "libX11.so.6", "libX11.so.6.2.0",
libXext.so.6,
> libXext.so.6.4.0. Not the one defined in LD_PRELOAD

Looks like a partial installation of the 32 bit libraries ( for compat )

I can't see why you would want to preload these libraries.
Has this machine been upgraded from a 32 bit installation??
Has someone previously been testing libraries and not cleaned up their
mess.
or
Is it normal for mandriva ( I would guess not )

try
        unset LD_PREOAD
        startkde

I'm still thinking of a messed up kde ( 'cos gnome works )

Try

        cd ~
        grep LD_PRELOAD -r .

and see if its local to your username.

You could try logging into freenx with a different name anyway
to see if the problem stops.

freenx uses LD_PRELOAD, but you shouldn't be able to see it !!

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ