[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX user's don't show as logged in

Wolfgang Schweer schweer at cityweb.de
Wed Dec 16 15:38:20 UTC 2009

On Mi, 16 Dez 2009, Matt.Nichols at tdcj.state.tx.us wrote:

> I'm curious why when I have any number of users logged in they don't show
> up as being logged into the NXServer with utilities like 'who' or 'w'
> unless they've got a shell/xterm open. Is there a way make them show up as
> a logged in user even though they're only using gnome?

Hi Matt,

it is configurable in node.conf:

# If enabled writes entries via the COMMAND_SESSREG program
# into utmp/wtmp/lastlog database.
# Note: You have to make sure that you add the nx user to the
#       utmp or tty group or how its called on your system
#       before this directive works.
#ENABLE_USESSION="1"
#COMMAND_SESSREG="sessreg"

Wolfgang