[FreeNX-kNX] How can I get sound on a client when the server has no soundcard

roland roland at cat.be
Tue Sep 16 10:19:27 UTC 2008

hi Freerk,

The repos centos uses are:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  174 Jul 12  2007 adobe-linux.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2049 Jun 19 15:48 CentOS-Base.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  626 Jun 19 15:48 CentOS-Media.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  224 May 18  2007 k12ltsp-freshrpms.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  225 May 18  2007 k12ltsp-livna.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  106 May 18  2007 k12ltsp-macromedia.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  686 May 18  2007 k12ltsp.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  324 May 18  2007 k12ltsp-rpmforge.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  166 May 18  2007 k12ltsp-webmin.repo

I did exactly as it is described in the flash part, included placing the
script in tmp(or where ever) and inserting the line in the crontab.

And I had music in nx

Of course I have centos. If centos can install it with yum, there must be
a way for you to install it. MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT?

I wish I could help you more. I am on Holiday on Crete and working on a
clients server that is being hacked. Therefor I'm a little bit in a
uncomfortable position.

 From the moment that I have solved my problem I will look deeper.

Good luck

Roland