[FreeNX-kNX] qtnx on maemo

Henning Heinold h.heinold at tarent.de
Mon Sep 8 10:37:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 04:08:23PM +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Henning Heinold wrote:
>> The greatest Problem is that x-window which comes from nxagent(which is
>> modified xnest-server) on the server side has no hildon-framework
>> support.
>
> Hildon-framework is nowadays open source.  I guess it would be enough to
> build & install the hildon-im module for Gtk apps at the other end
> (and I guess similar thing can be done for Qt apps).

Sorry I did mention that I already tried this. I installed
hildon-input-method-framework package on the server and
setup /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules. Unfornatly then only in
gtk-apps from the server the keyboard pops up and there is one problem
if you work on the server. The enter-key is not functional anymore
within gtk-apps.

>> That means the virtual keyboard on the n800 is not workable.
>> Luckily the keyboard on the n810 is working. Another effect is if loose
>> the focus on this x-window. You can not access it anymore.
>
> The "StartupWMClass" field in the application .desktop file and
> and "WM_CLASS" property in the application window need to match,
> otherwise TN doesn't know how to map the application windows against
> the information in the .desktop file.  (Gtk sets WM_CLASS
> automatically to the name of the binary)

Hm here the problems starts. qtnx only made setup stuff, than it
launch ssh to the server for authorization and start the nxagent on the
server.
After this it is firing up nxproxy on the client which controlls and compress the
x-stuff of nxagent. If I do an xprop on the window on the n800/n810
it shows that the window comes from nxagent, which has no
binary on the client side.

> 	- Eero

Bye,

Henning