[FreeNX-kNX] qtnx on maemo

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at nokia.com
Tue Sep 9 15:29:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

ext Henning Heinold wrote:
>> The "StartupWMClass" field in the application .desktop file and
>> and "WM_CLASS" property in the application window need to match,
>> otherwise TN doesn't know how to map the application windows against
>> the information in the .desktop file.  (Gtk sets WM_CLASS
>> automatically to the name of the binary)
>
> Hm here the problems starts. qtnx only made setup stuff, than it
> launch ssh to the server for authorization and start the nxagent on the
> server.
 >
> After this it is firing up nxproxy on the client which controlls and compress
> the x-stuff of nxagent. If I do an xprop on the window on the n800/n810
> it shows that the window comes from nxagent,

Does nxagent window have WM_CLASS property?  If yes, just install
suitable .desktop file for nxagent in the qtnx package.

 > which has no binary on the client side.

.desktop file just describes apps, nothing says they have to be
installed on the device. :-)  There might be some property that
states that the app shouldn't be shown in the Task navigator
applications start menu which you can use, or nxagent .desktop
file could also start qtnx.

	- Eero