[FreeNX-kNX] qtnx on maemo

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at nokia.com
Fri Sep 5 13:08:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

ext Henning Heinold wrote:
> The greatest Problem is that x-window which comes from nxagent(which is
> modified xnest-server) on the server side has no hildon-framework
> support.

Hildon-framework is nowadays open source.  I guess it would be enough to
build & install the hildon-im module for Gtk apps at the other end
(and I guess similar thing can be done for Qt apps).

> That means the virtual keyboard on the n800 is not workable.
> Luckily the keyboard on the n810 is working. Another effect is if loose
> the focus on this x-window. You can not access it anymore.

The "StartupWMClass" field in the application .desktop file and
and "WM_CLASS" property in the application window need to match,
otherwise TN doesn't know how to map the application windows against
the information in the .desktop file.  (Gtk sets WM_CLASS
automatically to the name of the binary)

	- Eero