[FreeNX-kNX] Suspended Session

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Fri May 23 10:45:10 UTC 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 11:18:26 Stefan Kohlsmann wrote:
> > # User for which sessions should be persistent. Either the keyword "all"
> > or a
> > # comma-separated list of usernames or groups in the @groupname syntax.
> > #ENABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION="all"
> >
> > # Users and groups for whom persistent sessions should be disabled.
> > # Especially useful if ENABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION="all"
> > #DISABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION=""
> >
> > This will effectively disable suspending of sessions, the CTRL+ALT+T will
> > change to "Do you want to close the session? Yes/No".
> > If the connection is broken, the server will terminate and remove the
> > session.
> >
> > 	/Terje
> >
> > > Murray
>
> Thanks for all your reply!
>
> The problem is, that the killed Session (e.g. just Poweroff the Client PC)
> is marked as "Running" but the Client is off. The
> "DISABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION" works good, if the session is marked as
> "suspended etc..." but that is the Problem. On my old Debian / FreeNX the
> Session's immediately marked as Suspended and Killed.

I just tested this with the following scenario:
1) DISABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION="tan"
2) Established a session as the user 'tan'
3) killed nxssh on the client (similar  to a network outage/disruption)
4) 15 seconds later, the session was automatically terminated/removed on the
server

Isn't this what you want?

Regards,
Terje