[FreeNX-kNX] remote support using FreeNX ?

Al Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Mar 27 10:46:48 UTC 2008

I think this is now supported in 0.7.2 though I haven't tried it. There has
been discussion of the changes needed to make 0.7.1 work on the list, mainly
about getting the VNC authentication to work. nxpasswd in 0.7.2 looks after
this now. Check /etc/nxserver/node.conf for ENABLE_MIRROR_VIA_VNC=1 which is
the default, at least on my Gentoo box. This should make the VNC sessions
show up if you connect with a VNC session type - NOT the Shadow one! I don't
know what it does about authentication, so it's probably a good idea to check
the archives.

If that doesn't work you could always use krfb or its gnome equivalent. The
one-time passwords this uses may be an advantage in this application too.