[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

svMichal svmichal at tiscali.cz
Thu Jan 3 17:29:06 UTC 2008

Hello to all ,

I'm using freenx server and nxclient to access some computers via RDP. I
have problems with CZECH keyboard layout. I know it's not problem of NX
but rdesktop keyboard layouts I know the limits of this solution. But I
still have one problem at NX client setting I have to manualy edit nxs
file and change this option:

<option key="Current keyboard" value="false" />

from true to false. Because if I have client with Czech regional setting
and czech keyboard I need "us" keyboard in NX and rdesktop to have right
layout in session and I found that this helps. It's not critical issue,
but little bit annoying and not every user is able to chage it.

Question is : Is it possible to set or ignore this option at server site
and not at client site ?

I'm running Ubuntu server 7.10
NXSERVER - Version 2.1.0-71 OS (GPL)

thanks