[FreeNX-kNX] usb pen devices.

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Wed Feb 20 08:32:57 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> Well, I've been trying to do this and I think I have got it all setup properly.
> But it doesn't work.
>
> I think it's because ltspfsd has an error when it receives a
> LTSPFS_XAUTH packet from the server.
> And that packet seems to be part of the ltspfs mount mecanism.
>
> I did try no authentification with ltspfsd -ad but it breaks with an
> error when it receives LTSPFS_XAUTH. Did you get this trouble?
>
> Maybe because XAUTH parameter is different. it is taken from the $DISPLAY
> and that's unix:1000 versus ws012:0.0
>
> Perhaps its the size of the packet?
> It seems to contain MIT auth cookie binary.
>
> Dimitar, what is $DISPLAY on your nxterminals?
>
> It starts around here and I read in one of the files something about
> packet max size.
> http://soleup.eup.uva.es/trac/browser/ltspfs/ltspfsd/ltspfsd_functions.c?rev=672#L959
>
> I don''t think there is a problem with hostname resolution like the
> comment suggests. Although I could be wrong. Ive edited
> bussd : my $server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP};
> lbus_event_handler.sh : WS=${NXUSERIP}
> On boot the client now creates /tmp/drives, /tmp/fstab, and makes an
> entry in /etc/hosts so it can resolve it's own name (not localhost) .
> I've gone through the famous ltspfs troubleshooting list.
>
> But not all is lost. I do get an icon popup when I plug my pen drive in. :)
> It just doesn't get mounted.
>
> Cheers.
> Chris.

Ok, so you are close ;) I had the same problem with authentication and I
start ltspfsd with option -a (ie no authentification) because I didnt
have time to dig into this problem. The first thing that you should
check is if the user that mounts the device on the server is in the fuse
group or does he has rw permissions on the device /dev/fuse (do you have
that device or fuse module loaded ?). This is on the server. I forgot to
mention (may be you got it already) about a little script that setups
and starts lbuscd and ltspfsd. It is /etc/rc.localdev and is part ot the
LTSP distro. Just check it if you don't have one. And finally, I just
remembered about two neat scripts that you need that actually do the
real mount/unmount on the thin/fat client: /sbin/ltspfs_mount,
/sbin/ltspfs_umount. These two are 2-3 lines of bash script that gets
executed by ltspfsd I think. Here they are in case you don't have it:
#########################
/sbin/ltspfs_mount:
--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# ltspfs_mount, passed a directory name, used in /tmp/fstab. We can't
use a simple
# mount /tmp/drives/directoryname, as that would need to reference
/etc/fstab, which
# we're not going to touch.
grep $1 /tmp/fstab | while read DEV MOUNTPOINT TYPE OPTIONS DUMP PASS; do
    mount -t ${TYPE} -o ${OPTIONS} ${DEV} ${MOUNTPOINT}
done
--------------------------------------

/sbin/ltspfs_umount
#!/bin/sh
/bin/umount $1

You can check also this site if you haven't already:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev

ps: > Dimitar, what is $DISPLAY on your nxterminals?
It is :0 I think ... but it doesn't matter if you supply -a option to
ltspfsd.