[FreeNX-kNX] usb pen devices.

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:39:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

Well, I've been trying to do this and I think I have got it all setup properly.
But it doesn't work.

I think it's because ltspfsd has an error when it receives a
LTSPFS_XAUTH packet from the server.
And that packet seems to be part of the ltspfs mount mecanism.

I did try no authentification with ltspfsd -ad but it breaks with an
error when it receives LTSPFS_XAUTH. Did you get this trouble?

Maybe because XAUTH parameter is different. it is taken from the $DISPLAY
and that's unix:1000 versus ws012:0.0

Perhaps its the size of the packet?
It seems to contain MIT auth cookie binary.

Dimitar, what is $DISPLAY on your nxterminals?

It starts around here and I read in one of the files something about
packet max size.
http://soleup.eup.uva.es/trac/browser/ltspfs/ltspfsd/ltspfsd_functions.c?rev=672#L959

I don''t think there is a problem with hostname resolution like the
comment suggests. Although I could be wrong. Ive edited
bussd : my $server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP};
lbus_event_handler.sh : WS=${NXUSERIP}
On boot the client now creates /tmp/drives, /tmp/fstab, and makes an
entry in /etc/hosts so it can resolve it's own name (not localhost) .
I've gone through the famous ltspfs troubleshooting list.

But not all is lost. I do get an icon popup when I plug my pen drive in. :)
It just doesn't get mounted.

Cheers.
Chris.